- Take about a cup of flaxseeds to two cups of water (this will give you plenty!)
- Bring the water to a boil and stir
- STIR STIR STIR (The water will thicken and you don't want the seeds sticking to the pot)
- Once the water reaches a thick gel-like consistency, turn the heat down to low
- For this part you will need something to strain it. I chose some cheap stockings from the drug store
- Pour some of the gel (seeds and all) into the stocking but remember it is BOILING HOT so please take your time with this.
- Use some type of tongs to squeeze the gel downwards into a clean container. This may be a challenge because the gel has gotten so thick.
- After several times pouring you should be left with all seeds and barely any gel in your stocking. SAVE those seeds! They can be used again for next time :)
- Finally mix in the oils and scents of your choice. Vitamin E should be added in there as well. Be careful not to put too many drops as the smell can easily get overwhelming.
- Seal your gels and clean up your kitchen. (Mine got kinda messy)
- Story the gel and seeds in the fridge. This helps them last longer (about 3-4 weeks).
I hope this works well for you like it did for me